"My soul is elsewhere, I'm sure of that. And I intend to end up there." -- Rumi

Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Modern Era

I am procrastinating on writing my Upper Intermediate syllabus while listening to Georgian folk at window-rattling volume (which I'm pretty sure is deliberate punishment for my being stubborn and insisting that I got a hot shower last night [which required staying up until past 4:00 AM]), so here is is:

21 simple inventions I really, really wish Georgians would embrace:
  1. The clothes dryer
  2. The street sign
  3. The accessible and accurate bus and marshrutka schedule
  4. The window screen
  5. The "change ringtone" option on their Nokia cell phone
  6. The taxi meter
  7. The ice tray
  8. The charcoal grill
  9. The snow shovel
  10. The snow plow
  11. The gravel salt and icemelt
  12. The central heating (and AC!)
  13. The volume button (specifically the down button) on their television and computer
  14. The food preservation safety precautions
  15. The mealtime (not to mention the concept of breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
  16. The traffic lane
  17. The sheet set
  18. The dental floss
  19. The privacy
  20. The personal space
  21. The child discipline

No comments:

Post a Comment