"My soul is elsewhere, I'm sure of that. And I intend to end up there." -- Rumi

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

100% Shenanigans, Part the First

A little over a week ago, my friend Dani (Aquapark and sushi in Tbilisi!) came with her host family to vacation in nearby Kobuleti.  So last Tuesday, Mark, Julie, and I marshrutkaed down to say Hi and to take a look at pretty Kobuleti.

Dani's host family is truly amazing, and they made us feel right at home.  We got to know everyone over some delicious ice cream coffees (like a coffee float!) and then the four of us went out in search of food.  We found... BURGERS!!!


And after that, it was time to swim.  Kobuleti's water and beach are incredible.  The water was so clear!  The pebbles are not the funnest to walk on barefoot though.


Time flew by, and too soon we were being called back to the Guesthouse.  Dani's family had set up a fantastic mid-afternoon picnic on their balcony -- fresh fruit and Georgian wine and Cognac.  Very... Georgian.  :)  VERY awesome.


Dani's mom and Dad (Khatuna and Lexo) also gave the four of us these traditional Georgian wine bowls as gifts.  It was actually my first Georgian souvenier since I got here and I was really quite touched.  We hung out on the balcony for a while, and then it was time to head back to the beach.


 




Mark, Julie, and I caught the last marshrutka home and crashed.  Awesome day in Kobuleti!

No comments:

Post a Comment