"My soul is elsewhere, I'm sure of that. And I intend to end up there." -- Rumi

Saturday, December 1, 2012

In which David Sedaris gets rather possessive of Santa

Well, my last Christmas Memory post was a real tear-jerker, so here's a little bit of merriment and jolliness (and a fair dose of healthy irreverence).  I first discovered David Sedaris when I was in Georgia, which was way later than I should have because I missed out on years of hilarity.

Last December found me sitting in my borrowed bed in Vashlijvari, wrapped up in 47 blankets, gloves, a wool hat, and every winter thing I owned.  Far away from family, friends, and my Christmas Spirit, I read this essay and felt a twinge of holiday glow for the first time that season.

For your consideration, David Sedaris reads his essay to an appreciative audience -- his own take on the Dutch version of Christmas and Santa Claus.


Yeah, it's 15 minutes but what the hell else are you going to do with your day?  If you're in a rush, the Christmas stuff starts about three minutes in, but you'll be missing out.

2 comments:

  1. Hello there! Were you able to make all the settings of your blog all by yourself or you got professional help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I just followed Blogger's template. It was pretty easy, and they have plenty of options I never even bothered to include.

      Delete