"My soul is elsewhere, I'm sure of that. And I intend to end up there." -- Rumi

Friday, January 13, 2012

Konichiwa!

Hello my dear ones.  I have not forgotten you.  But I guess I ended up unofficially deciding to take a semi-break from the online world during this past month, a month in which I was having a truly unforgettable and once-in-a-lifetime experience with two people I love very much.  Quite a lot to share with you too... castle ruins and Christmas and underground rivers and New Year's and horseback rides on the beach.  We met the Green Power Ranger.  I ziplined across gorges and helped with hedgehog and kitty bathtime.  We hiked and laughed and talked and mixed delicious cocktails.  Usually while cooking I don't know how many awesome dinners, lunches, and breakfasts.  We caught up on all the movies I'd missed out on over the past eight months.  I found some incredible new music and tried grilled octopus and stuck my feet in a tank with flesh-eating fish before getting nekkid with my sister and a bunch of Japanese ladies.

All true.

But for now, all you really need to know is that this happened.

How do you like my supersweet pajama pants btw?
Tonight, this entry is really just a teaser trailer to let you know that yes, the epic blog entries to come really will be worth the wait.  But most importantly because, although I am WAY too tired to go into much detail at the moment (30-hour door-to-door trips are a beeyotch), I wanted to go on record and say yes -- it happened.  I got that hug from a particular sister that was two years in coming.  So thanks you two, for the time of my life.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear all the news updates!!! So glad you had a wonderful time. You sound tired but happy!! Get some rest. Then fill us in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You met TOMMY??? The only Ranger I care about in the least???

    Was his hair long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "There's a power ranger over there."

    Brad, Eve and I were at Cape Hedo and there indeed was the Green Power Ranger, in full outfit, walking around and taking pictures as though he was just another tourist. When he got near us we of course requested our picture with him, which he granted, although he mimed that he was unable or unwilling to talk. So...while it can be said that I certianly met the Green Power Ranger, I'm pretty sure I did not meet Tommy. :)

    Although he COULD have been... :D

    ReplyDelete